i dunno...Research?! Live 8! Oh, and I cut my hair and went natural. I've also never had so many arguments/fall-outs/emotional reunions/in depth conversations about said instances in my life!
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I mean I always hope to become a better person...and of course, lose weight and get in shape...lol
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I think my cousin passed away this year. What I mean is...I think it was this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
the U.S. haha
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
a mothafukkin Bachelor's Degree
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory?
=0/ days...so many. actual dates? none except my birthday and Chelle's birthday
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Learning to recognize what I want and what is right for me.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not realizing #8 sooner
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing more than the usual sinus infections, cuts and bruises
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Anything that I got for Chelle and she enjoyed
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Sheedah...she graduated with highest honors! We're so proud!
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Everyone's! lol...Realizing how ignorant, self-serving, careless and unforgiving people in this world can be.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, clothes and of course...GAS!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My trip to Norfolk...it was great fun. We had quite a bit of fun together last semester. If only it would continue...lol
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2005?
Ciara's album, Whoop that Trick from Hustle & Flow, Kelly Clarkson's album, Res' Tsunami, My Humps by BEP.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Shut up! I don't know! Fatter?
iii. richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Having fun/downtime. I spent much of time in my bedroom...TOO MUCH WORK. Well actually I had a lot of fun crazy moments towards the beginning of the year so I guess it all balanced out in the end.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying about things that I couldn't change
20. How did you spend Christmas?
First at my mom and dad's house...then at my aunt's house in VA.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
Just deeper than I already was
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
The L Word..and Noah's Arc became a favorite.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Ohh..i never hate
26. What was the best book you read?
Shhh...that sounds too much like school
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
M.I.A. and Leela James...you know i can never pick just one!
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
a neverending wardrobe including shoes...lol
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Crash...Four Brothers...Hustle & Flow
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went to the spa with Chelle and got an Aromatherapy Massage...went out to dinner with Sheedah and Dani...even though they were like fighting the whole time!!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Feeling like I had more of a balance especially between work and play
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Doing whatever. Stopped wearing tennis shoes for awhile. Then as the year started to close...slightly more laid back but still glamourous! lol.
34. What kept you sane?
Chelle, my spirit
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most?
Anyone who spoke out about your favorite president! lol...i dunno.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
This whole conservative-world-domination thing that the politics seems to be trying to do...focusing on all the wrong things. i.e. worrying about "keeping the sanctity of marriage" and finding "weapons of mass destruction" when things like the extreme neglect in New Orleans with Hurricane Katrina were staring some of these people in the face.
37. Who did you miss?
Well I miss certain things about a whole lot of people who I no longer communicate that often with.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
You cannot spend your life and your valuable time trying to please people and meet their expectations, regardless of who it is...and I allowed my spirituality to continue to grow which taught me a number of things about myself and how i think i relate to the world.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
"I wanna try that pill that people take
Make you believe all the things that people say
Sick of shuckin' 'round with a screwed up face
With my heels dug in trying to leave a trace "